Working in Technion since 1986
Areas of Interest:
– Digital Signal Processing: video, image, speech, audio, medical signals, point clouds etc.
– Digital Signal Processors (DSP) and embedded systems
1982-1986: B.Sc. (Cum Laude) Electrical Engineering, Technion IIT.
1989-1992: Accomplished all academic studies for M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering (Signal Processing), without Thesis.
1986 – 1992: Application engineer, Signal and Image Processing lab, Technion IIT.
Including: Development of algorithms and real-time applications in speech and image compression and project supervisor (undergraduate students).
1993: Director of Research and Development, Optibase Sounds and Images Ltd., Herzlia, Israel.
1994 – : Chief engineer, Signal and Image Processing Lab, Technion IIT
1986 – : Supervising undergraduate student projects in various contexts of speech, image and video compression
2000 – : Academic Courses on:
1. Audio and Video Compression at:
2. DSP Architecture and Implementations
Computer Science Dept., InterDisciplinary Center, Herzlia,. (2002-2003)
- 2000-2007: Image & video compression course. A course that I teach in various industrial organizations: The principles and technology of image & video compression (JPEG, MPEG-1/2/4, H.261/3, H.264/AVC)
1985: Dean’s Honor list, Dept. of EE, Technion IIT
1986: Honor list, Technion IIT.
1990: Distinguished employee, Dept. of EE, Technion IIT
1999: Distinguished employee, Technion IIT.
2006: Senior Member – IEEE
2015: Distinguished employee, Technion IIT